New In Roofing Material
The type of roofing material you use in your home ads curb appeal and increases the resale value of your home. Thus, it is important to consider the condition of the roof when you come to buy a house; if roof is more than 15 years old then there is a higher chance that you might have to replace it soon. Thus, you should factor this cost in your purchase price of your new home.
The best time to inspect your roof would be during spring because winter damage would be fresh and easier to detect. Also, the dryer spring weather will provide the condition needed to replace, patch or re-roof.
Sometimes roofs can be deceiving, you can inspect the roof from your attic of crawl space in order to check for dampness and dark water stains.
- Asphalt shinglesstill offers the best versatility and continue to be popular among homeowners
- Asphalt shinglesstill is available in many textures and colours and is flexible to conform to any roof shape
- They are generally inexpensive and easy to install and repair
- Wood shingles and shakes tend to be less popular (concerns about how well they can resist fire)
- Cement and clay tiles are also popular in warmer climates
- Cement and clay tiles come in many shapes, colours and textures
- Cement and clay tiles tend to be more expensive and very heavy
Many companies offer high-tech alternative to traditional roofing materials which combine versatility, light weight and durability with high fire, weather insect and old resistance properties. An example of this is aluminium roof shakes which help lower energy costs by keeping your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Another example is fibre-reinforced cement that weighs about the same as wood or premium shingles and comes in slate, shingle or wood shake forms.
Some use earth stone granules and acrylic resins bonded to aluminum or galvanized steel bases to capture the pleasing look of tiles or the rich textures and strong lines of wood shingles.
Many of the new roofing materials come in a variety of colours, shapes, textures and sizes. Generally, they are more expensive than traditional asphalt shingles but in many cases the extra cost is well worth it. Contact an expert for more details regarding the best options for your home.
By requesting to receive details for this project, you agree and give us consent to send you electronic email notices with requested information and also for future projects. At anytime you wish, you may unsubscribe from receiving any further emails.
We hope to stay connected.
PRE -REGISTER NOW AS A VIP CLIENT. BY REGISTERING YOU WILL BE INFORMED FOR ALL UPCOMING NEW PROJECTS.
FOR ANY QUESTIONS, CALL SAM ELGOHARY 416-565-5925