It’s always a good idea to spruce up the exterior and interior of your home before listing it for sale. But that doesn’t mean you have to undertake major and/or expensive project.
Just a little effort will greatly increase the perceived value of your home. After all, if you wanted to undertake a large-scale project, you probably wouldn’t be selling!
Here are some simple steps you can take to increase the perceived value of your home and make a great first impression.
- Keep lawns cut
- Trim hedges and shrubs
- Weed and edge gardens
- Clear driveway and clean up oil spills
- Clean out garage
- Power wash
- Touch up paint
- Plant colorful, inexpensive flowers in pots if necessary
At the Front Door
- Clean porch and foyer
- Ensure door bell works
- Repair any broken screens
- Fresh paint or varnish front door
- Repair door locks and key access
Create a Buying Mood
- Make sure your home smells fresh and clean
- Turn on lights
- Turn on air conditioner/heater
- Open the drapes
- Light the fireplace
- Clear halls and stairs of clutter
- Store surplus furniture
- Clear kitchen counter and stove top
- Clear closets of unnecessary clothing and stuff
- Remove empty boxes and containers
- Put away personal photos so buyers can envision the house as theirs
- Repair leaking taps and toilets
- Clean furnace and filters
- Tighten door knobs and latches
- Repair cracked plaster
- Apply fresh coat of pain or touch up where necessary
- Clean and repair windows
- Repair seals around tubs and basins
- Replace defective light bulbs
- Oil squeaking doors
- Repair squeaking floor boards
- Clean and freshen bathrooms
- Clean fridge and stove (in and out)
- Clean around heating vents
- Clean washer and dryer
- Clean carpets, drapes and window blinds
- Eliminate pet odors and stains
Do you have any more ideas for easy improvements that you think would be helpful for others to hear about? Tell us in the COMMENT section below.
By requesting to receive details for this project, you agree and give us consent to send you electronic email notices with requested information and also for future projects. At anytime you wish, you may unsubscribe from receiving any further emails.
Let’s stay connected – CASL
CENTURY 21 Leading Edge Realty Inc. CondosDeal.com is committed to keeping you up to date about the latest real estate and new condo projects updates through electronic newsletters, email notices.
To continue to receive future project updates and incentives after July 1, 2014, you must give consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time but please note we may still continue to communicate with you electronically in relation to your current or pending transactions, inquiries or requests.
We hope to stay connected.
IF YOU NEED MORE IDEAS AND TIPS BEFORE YOU LIST YOUR HOME FOR SALE , SIMPLY FILL UP THE FORM BELOW AND WE WILL EMAIL IT TO YOU .