- L’Amoreaux’s first settler was Josue L’Amoreaux, a loyalist of French Huguenot descent who arrived here with his wife, seven children and two nephews, around 1816
- L’Amoreaux is located at the north end of Toronto which accounts for its distinctly suburban character.
- Here you will find winding tree-lined streets, pedestrian friendly sidewalks and well maintained family homes
- L’Amoreaux neighbourhood landmarks include the Tam O’Shanter Golf course off Kennedy Road, Bridlewood Mall at Warden Avenue, the Ontario Hydro Fields south of McNicol Avenue and L’Amoreaux Park and Scarborough Grace Hospital which are both situated on Birchmount Avenue.
- L’Amoreaux’s houses were built during the 1950’s, 1960’s and 1970’s. These houses are situated on lots that are typically forty to seventy feet in width and feature attached or built-in garages.
- The house styles here include ranch bungalows, split-levels and two-storey homes. There are also pockets of townhouse communities and high-rise apartment buildings located along the peripheral streets of this neighbourhood.
- Prices: 200 k up to 800 k
- L’Amoreaux’s largest shopping centre is the Bridlewood Mall, located at the north-west corner of Finch and Warden Avenues. This indoor shopping mall features over sixty stores and is anchored by two department stores.
- L’Amoreaux Park located between Birchmount and Kennedy Roads from Silver Springs Blvd to Burnt Park Drive, is one of Toronto’s largest and most diverse recreational parks. Highlights of this park include “Kidstown,” – an outdoor water playground for children, the L’Amoreaux Tennis Centre, which offers year-round tennis, and the L’Amoreaux Community Recreation Centre. This park also includes a paved walkway, a pond, a stream, a bridge and nature habitats
- The L’Amoreaux neighbourhood has two public libraries. These include the Bridlewood Branch, located inside the Bridlewood Mall, and the Steeles Branch located in the Bamburgh Gardens shopping plaza.
- The Sheppard, Finch and Steeles Avenue buses connect passengers to their respective stations on the Yonge-University-Spadina subway line. The Victoria Park, Warden Avenue and Kennedy Road buses provide connecting routes to the Bloor-Danforth subway line
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HILLSIDE NEIGHBOURHOOD HOMES , NEW LISTINGS AND SOLD HOMES RECENTLY, FILL UP THE FORM BELOW AND WE WILL EMAIL IT TO YOU.
By requesting to receive details for this project, you agree and give us consent to send you electronic email notices with requested information and also for future projects. At anytime you wish, you may unsubscribe from receiving any further emails.
Let’s stay connected – CASL
CENTURY 21 Leading Edge Realty Inc. CondosDeal.com is committed to keeping you up to date about the latest real estate and new condo projects updates through electronic newsletters, email notices.
To continue to receive future project updates and incentives after July 1, 2014, you must give consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time but please note we may still continue to communicate with you electronically in relation to your current or pending transactions, inquiries or requests.
We hope to stay connected.
[gravityform id=”6″ name=”Basic form ” title=”false” description=”false”]