- This neighbourhood was originally called Milliken’s Corners. It was named after Norman Milliken, a United Empire Loyalist, who settled here in 1807
- Milliken remained a rural community up until the 1970’s when its furrowed farm fields gave way to the modern subdivisions that now define this neighbourhood
- This neighbourhood has many outstanding features including a modern public library and neighbourhood centre, the beautifully designed Milliken Park, and the Milliken Park Recreational Trail which winds it’s way through this neighbourhood.
- Milliken’s housing stock consists primarily of modern two-storey detached houses built in the 1980’s and 1990’s.
- These family style houses are small to medium in size with attached garages and private drives.
- Milliken also contains a handful of townhouse complexes and condominium apartment buildings located in the McCowan Road and Alton Towers Drive section of this neighbourhood.
- Price Range 200k up to 600k
- The largest shopping centre in this neighbourhood is the Milliken Wells Shopping Plaza located off McCowan Road at Alton Towers Circle
- Milliken Park located at Steeles Avenue and McCowan Road is ideal for picnics or large social gatherings.
- The Goldhawk Park Public Library and Neighbourhood Centre located at 295 Alton Towers Circle is part of a multi-use recreational complex that includes a large outdoor playing area with baseball diamonds, basketball courts and a children’s playground.
- Bus routes along Brimley, McCowan, and Middlefield Roads provide connections to the Toronto Transit and Go Transit station at the Scarborough City Centre. The Steeles Avenue bus provides a connecting route to the Yonge-University-Spadina subway line
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT MILLIKEN NEIGHBOURHOOD HOMES , NEW LISTINGS AND SOLD HOMES RECENTLY , FILL UP THE FORM BELOW AND WE WILL EMAIL IT TO YOU
By requesting to receive details for this project, you agree and give us consent to send you electronic email notices with requested information and also for future projects. At anytime you wish, you may unsubscribe from receiving any further emails.
Let’s stay connected – CASL
CENTURY 21 Leading Edge Realty Inc. CondosDeal.com is committed to keeping you up to date about the latest real estate and new condo projects updates through electronic newsletters, email notices.
To continue to receive future project updates and incentives after July 1, 2014, you must give consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time but please note we may still continue to communicate with you electronically in relation to your current or pending transactions, inquiries or requests.
We hope to stay connected.